Monday, December 5, 2011

Vintage Art Deco Rustic Urban Upgrade Typewriter Desk

Here we go….
deskcollage
Not sure if this is the redo the Harringtons had in mind when they so generously gave me this desk.  Chippy rustic meets urban farmhouse.desk4
I have the original hardware on it.  Not sure if it will stay.  I made a quick attempt to purchase some at home depot today but these vintage pieces have off measurements when it comes to the hardware.
desk2
desk3
I lightly sanded, primed, painted with a brownish gold, painted white, distressed, spot stained & waxed.
 
Like us on Facebook here.

Linking up here:
Miss Mustard Seed's Creative Blog

The Shabby Nest
grabtt
Current Link Party!
Feathered Nest FridayPhotobucketFunky Junk InteriorsDesigner Garden Buttonhttp://thediyshowoff.blogspot.com/p/diy-project-parade.html


Making Monday Marvelous Linky PartyPhotobucket

2 comments:

  1. Great job...I'm a new follower too. Stop by and enter my Christmas giveaway.
    Warm wishes, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks great!! keep the original hardware... it looks fantastic! maybe spray them a fun color and you'll be happier with them!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, precious people, for taking time to comment on my blog. I am humbled.