Friday, November 18, 2011

Wet Paint–Gray Table, Gray Room

lab1
lab2
My original plan was to sand top, stain, two tone paint the bottom and chairs and distress.  I sanded the top and stained but due to the material it’s made out of, it wasn’t a good look or feel to the touch.  The chairs are also made out of composite with a very heavy original commercial coat of paint that I didn’t want to take the time to sand.  The combination of the material & original finish made us go to plan b.  Thankfully the owner of the table was a good sport and had patience with the length and changes in the project.  She decided on a dark brown painted top for better texture and I went with the lighter gray because the other color gray was the exact same as her wall paint.  Believe it or not this almost looks the same when in the room.  The paint looks way more blue in the photo than in real life.  So, today I put another top coat on the top of the table to repair some of the scuff that happened when moving it.  

The photos of the room are from my friend's dining room.  She just moved in, so it's the beginning of her finished product.
DSC_2377.jpg
The set was nice to begin with but didn't go with my friend's change of decor when she recently bought a new house.



Miss Mustard Seed's Creative BlogThe Shabby Nest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, precious people, for taking time to comment on my blog. I am humbled.