I have off and on been working on creating text art. I have struggled to come up with different formulas that create the product I am looking for without spending huge amounts of money on letter press etc. I do have publisher thanks to my amazing friends but have no idea how to use it. And, if I use publisher, I would basically need to glue a print to a base and wouldn’t get to play around with paint which tends to be my preference. I also don’t want to spend the money on a vinyl letter machine and I couldn’t find any vinyl letters at Joanne’s when I went there the other day.
So I saw on Pinterest how you could make your own vinyl letters.
Of course being the thorough person that I am, I never actually looked at the website or read the instructions or even remembered what product to use.
I bought some contact paper at target which seemed to be the right product to me at the time in the store.
I created some text in PicMonkey. I wasn’t really making a layout, just some letters to cut out.
I printed the letters on contact paper, cut them out and then applied them to a pre-painted board. This whole process was quite tedious. I don’t like cutting things out. I had previously tried another technique of coloring in the letters with pencil and then tracing them onto some other piece I made. That was also VERY tedious and a complete fail. This time I almost quit cutting them out because I was imaging doing all of this work for NOTHING. It’s all a very long learning process.
Once I got the cut out and peeled contact paper on the pre-painted board, I painted the board more colors. I let it dry for an hour and then peeled the contact paper letters off. I used some sand paper to add dimension to the paint layers and then watered down some paste stain and applied it to give it a less bright look.
This was my result.
Better in a frame.
Overall happy with my latest little project.